- Each team must have a minimum of 10 players and a maximum of 15 players on the bench for each game
- Teams are capped at 15 players (Coaches do not count towards your player total. 15 skaters is the MAXIMUM amount of players permitted to play)
- All players must sign the tournament waiver prior to first game
- All games consist of three, 15-minute (run time) periods with stop time in the last minute of the third period
- In the first period, the clock will start after the 2-minute warm-up
- If opposing teams have matching hockey jerseys, the team that raised the most funds will not have to wear the pinnies
- Standard non-contact rules apply
- Only CSA-approved equipment is allowed
- All players and NHL alumni must wear CSA-approved helmets at all times when on the ice
Rules and Infractions
- A referee will be assigned to every game; a referee’s decision is final
- Any player receiving three minor penalties or a game misconduct will be ejected from the game and any player receiving a match or major fighting penalty will be ejected from the tournament
- Fighting, overtly aggressive or sustained unsafe play by a participant may cause ejection from the event with no reimbursement of funds raised or player registration fee
- No slap shots allowed; if deemed intentional, the opposing team receives a penalty shot
- Penalties will be taken as a penalty shot: minor (1) major (3)
- Individuals who have been drinking in excess will not be allowed to play in the games while under the influence. Any signs of stumbling, slurring, or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Have you ever dreamed about drafting a pro hockey alumnus to become a member of your weekly shinny team? We make it a reality!As a team captain you have the ability to choose from one of two fundraising levels:Pro Team – $15,000 to $24,999
Legends Team – $25,000 +
Each of these levels comes with its own benefits and VIP access. Please note: $500 is required for every participating player. A MINIMUM of $15K is required for your team to take to the ice. If you have not raised the minimum before the tournament cut-off date of April 29th, 2024, your team will have to ride the bench this year. For teams that have fundraised their $15,000 minimum, continue to fundraise to earn a higher spot on the Draft Night leaderboard!
If you seek more clarity about the rules or policies for the Scotiabank Pro-Am for Alzheimer’s, please contact CFinbow@baycrest.org.